Sunday, December 22, 2013

Holiday Baskets

Well, the last of my holiday baskets shipped this morning and I couldn't be happier. It was bad enough having all of them strewn all over my studio while I tried to figure out how to finish them. I couldn't imagine having to carry them over for next year's inventory -- have I mentioned I don't function well in disorganization? I'm really thinking I should see someone about this... :)

ANYWAYS, even though art pieces are supposed to be like your kids where you don't favor one over the others, blah blah blah, this year, I had a few holiday baskets I really thought of keeping for myself and will probably re-finish in some capacity over the next month or so, now that the holiday rush should be pretty much over.

My "Joy to the World" basket was one of my favorite finishes this year - not just for baskets but for all of my holiday items, and it's mostly because I just love the basket itself. It's very much the style I tend to go for -- modern/contemporary with a little bit of a classic look. Since I couldn't use glue of any kind to create the basket-front, I opted for coordinating blue ribbon.





My little "Merry" basket was another one of my finishes, and again, mostly because of the basket itself. The size and shape made this particular basket stand out for me because it was very unique. It also didn't require a heck of a lot of stitching, which is always a plus.


Last but not least of my favorite holiday baskets was my Merry Christmas basket. I loved the combination of new and old - using a slightly whimsical and modern design with a more traditional bread basket style.

Unfortunately what I'll probably remember most about this particular finish was how long it took to ship it. I must have spent close to 45 minutes trying to find just the right box -- and all because of the stupid handles that stuck out JUST enough to not allow me to close the ends up. The person who bought it doesn't know it (well she might now), but she's very lucky this even got to her house considering that on multiple occasions I fought the urge to throw this out the window or directly into the trash!


Thanks for stopping by!






1 comment:

Carol said...

So glad your baskets are finished and shipped, Alissa--each one is adorable and I know the new owners will love them!! Merry Christmas to you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...